Thickly Sliced Monkfish in a Marc de Cava Sauce
Restaurant Cal Blay. Sant Sadurní d’Anoia
- Put the butter in a pan and add the grated onion. Lightly fry until the onion is well cooked. Then add marc de cava and flambé, add the stock and then finely sieve. Place in the same pan and thicken the sauce with a little flour (1/2 spoon), then add the nutmeg, cream and pepper. The sauce should be quite thick..
- Take a frying pan, add the oil, and when quite hot add the fish slices which have been lightly floured and fry lightly on both sides.
- Finally add the fish, prawns and clams to the pan with the sauce and mix well all together and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Place on a plate and decorate with green herbs to give colour. Recommended Cava: BRUT NATURE RESERVA or GRAN RESERVA
Ingredients (4 people)
- 12 Monkfish slices
- 12 peeled prawns
- 8 live clams
- Marc de Cava (1 coffee cup)
- Fish stock (1/2 lt)
- Cream (¼ lt)
- 2 grated onions
- White pepper
- Olive oil
Other interesting recipes
Hake with tomato, spinach and Cava
Cigró d’Or. Gelida
Mar y Montaña (Sea and Mountain) of Gallo de San Pedro (John Dorry) with pig’s trotters, foie and a Cava sauce
Cava d’en Sergi. Sant Sadurní d’Anoia
Slices of Monkfish with coastal prawns and Galician clams
Sol i Vi. Lavern