Slices of Monkfish with coastal prawns and Galician clams
Restaurant Sol i Vi. Lavern
- Clean the monkfish and reserve the head, the cheeks and the skin and add the vegetables to make a stock.
- Lightly fry the peeled and sliced garlic in olive oil and when lightly brown add the onion cut into very small cubes..
- Once the onion is caramelized add a spoonful of red pepper and then the tomato that has been previously grated to remove the skin and seeds. Cook well on a low heat.
- Cut the monkfish into 3 cm thick slices, add salt and pepper and lightly flour.
- In a pan with very hot olive oil add the monk fish and place on a high heat. Once this is golden on both sides, add the prawns and clams, pour in the glass of Brut Nature Cava and reduce. Recommended Cava: BRUT NATURE RESERVA or GRAN RESERVA.
- 1 3 Kg Monkfish
- ¼ Kg Galician clams
- 300 gms costal prawns (Vilanova or Palamós)
- One glass Brut Nature Cava
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 50gms flour
For the fish stock:
- The head of the monkfish, onion, leek, carrot and fennel.
- Garlic, onions, ripe tomato, sweet red pepper.
Other interesting recipes
Thickly Sliced Monkfish in a Marc de Cava Sauce
Cal Blay. Sant Sadurní d’Anoia
Hake with tomato, spinach and Cava
Cigró d’Or. Gelida
Mar y Montaña (Sea and Mountain) of Gallo de San Pedro (John Dorry) with pig’s trotters, foie and a Cava sauce
Cava d’en Sergi. Sant Sadurní d’Anoia